Jersey NZ maintains a number of programmes for youth members.
Members of the Youth Council:
- Philip Brewster – Ngatea, Thames Valley
- Paul Edwards – Canterbury
- Colin Hickey – Waiterimu, Huntly
- Melissa Stephen – Hamilton
- Euan Reeve – Waitomo
- James Wallace – Dargaville
- Provide training in Directorship
- Develop Strategic Plan for the youth of JNZ
- Facilitate succession planning
- Potential applicants to apply in writing using the appropriate form
- Applicants to be 20-40 yrs
- Applicants will be interviewed and a maximum of five appointed
- Interviewing panel to consist of two JNZ directors and the Youth Co-ordinator
- Term of office to be three years
- One JNZ Director to attend meetings in an advisory role
- Youth Coordinator to facilitate training and attend meetings in advisory role
STRUCTURE - RUN AS A THREE YEAR ROLLING CYCLE
A: First year:
- Each Youth Council Director will be appointed a mentor to be introduced on the first day’s training. Role of Mentor and mentee will be covered.
- In the first six months (the training period) the Youth Council will meet three times for training and to write the strategic plan for the Youth.
- Training sessions to include:
Role of Boards (the Youth Council) Board Protocols Meeting Procedure Governance vs Management Strategic Planning The final draft will be presented to the JNZ Council for final approval/adoption.
B: Second year:
- The Youth Council will meet four times a year and function to conduct the business of implementing the strategic plan for the youth of JNZ.
- In October a further five Trainee Youth Council Directors will be appointed (after interviews) for the following year. They will begin their first year which will overlap with the third year.
C: Third year:
- New intake begins training.
- The existing Youth Council continues with the business of implementing the strategic plan.
D: Forth year:
- Second intake of Youth Council begins and First intake resigns.
- First intake are assisted with CV writing and applications for other directorships if interested.
HOW TO APPLY
- If you are interested in applying for a position on the Youth Council fill out the Application Form below