Jersey NZ maintains a number of programmes for youth members.
Governance Training, Strategic Planning, Collaboration and Networking opportunities. The Jersey NZ Youth Council are a group of emerging industry leaders who work independently and alongside the Jersey NZ Youth Committee to ensure that youth matters remain applicable and relatable to those young farmers, and emerging farmers in the dairy industry. If you would like to be a member of this integral part of ensuring that the interests of young farmers are at the forefront of Jersey NZ, then we want to hear from you. Applications for the Jersey NZ Youth Council are open now.
Members of the Youth Council:
- Philip Brewster – Ngatea, Thames Valley
- Paul Edwards – Canterbury
- Euan Reeve – Waitomo
- James Wallace – Dargaville
- Sophia Clark – Waharoa, Waikato
- Cameron Townshend
- Provide training in Directorship
- Develop Strategic Plan for the youth of JNZ
- Facilitate succession planning
- Potential applicants to apply in writing using the appropriate form
- Applicants to be 20-40 yrs
- Applicants will be interviewed and a maximum of five appointed
- Interviewing panel to consist of two JNZ directors and the Youth Co-ordinator
- Term of office to be three years
- One JNZ Director to attend meetings in an advisory role
- Youth Coordinator to facilitate training and attend meetings in advisory role
STRUCTURE - RUN AS A THREE YEAR ROLLING CYCLE
A: First year:
- Each Youth Council Director will be appointed a mentor to be introduced on the first day’s training. Role of Mentor and mentee will be covered.
- In the first six months (the training period) the Youth Council will meet three times for training and to write the strategic plan for the Youth.
- Training sessions to include:
Role of Boards (the Youth Council) Board Protocols Meeting Procedure Governance vs Management Strategic Planning The final draft will be presented to the JNZ Council for final approval/adoption.
B: Second year:
- The Youth Council will meet four times a year and function to conduct the business of implementing the strategic plan for the youth of JNZ.
- In October a further five Trainee Youth Council Directors will be appointed (after interviews) for the following year. They will begin their first year which will overlap with the third year.
C: Third year:
- New intake begins training.
- The existing Youth Council continues with the business of implementing the strategic plan.
D: Forth year:
- Second intake of Youth Council begins and First intake resigns.
- First intake are assisted with CV writing and applications for other directorships if interested.
HOW TO APPLY
- If you are interested in applying for a position on the Youth Council fill out the Application Form below