In 2018, Jersey NZ developed a new volunteer role known as the Jersey Regional Ambassador. Many of the new Regional Ambassadors have already been active in their local areas supporting prospective and existing members alike. The Regional Ambassadors have been well resourced, we encourage members and clubs to make use of them regularly.
- To be the face of Jersey NZ on farm and in the field.
- To support members and potential members of Jersey NZ.
- To represent and advocate for the work of Jersey NZ and hold to the highest standard the purpose and values of the organisation.
Provide a two way communication between the Jersey NZ Board of Directors, Jersey NZ Membership and Jersey Clubs in their respective region
- Provide a presence representing Jersey NZ at regional industry events and Jersey Club events
- Provide a regional referral service for Jersey Marketing Services as becomes apparent
- Promote breed relevance within the industry while representing Jersey NZ
- Approach prospective new members in their respective regions
- Where the position is filled by a qualified TOP classifier; include the promotion and additional service of TOP & Classification
Clubs and members alike are encouraged to use this valuable resource to increase participation with Jersey NZ.
List of Ambassadors:
(As of March 2020)
|Northland:||Graeme Collins||027 426 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bay of Plenty:||(TBC)|
|Waikato:||Des Hickey||027 450 email@example.com|
|Waikato:||Don Shaw||021 069 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Taranaki:||Tony Luckin||027 540 email@example.com|
|Lower North Island:||Karen Fitzgerald||027 408 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Upper South Island:||Brian Nesbit||027 225 email@example.com|
|Upper South Island:||Ted Ford||027 444 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|West Coast:||Ron Monk|
|Canterbury:||Robert Hall||027 431 email@example.com|
|Southland:||Jocelyn Dobson (TBC)|