Marcus Trotter Award
Over the years the Marcus Trotter Award for Junior showing has been a much sought after award. It is a culmination of many hours of hard work and dedication for Junior Showing. The Marcus Trotter Award is open to Jersey NZ Junior members who show their animals at A & P Shows, clubs shows and other dairy events.
Conditions of entry
- Entrants must enter the competition by 1 October each year. On receiving the entry, Jersey NZ will send a booklet for each animal entered to fill in at each event. The booklet
must be filled in by the entrant and verified by either a steward, show secretary or judge present at the show.
- Entrants may enter multiple animals.
- Animals do not have to be owned by the entrant.
- Clipping is permitted and there is no restriction as to whether this is carried out by the junior member concerned or by some other person.
- Classes at the following events are eligible for the calculation of points:
• Any open, novice and junior classes at A & P Shows
• Jersey Club shows and Jersey Club field days
• Recognised events such as NZ Dairy Event and Jersey Classic.
- Classes at the following events are NOT eligible for the calculation of points:
• any calf club classes at school or at A & P Shows.
- Any animals to contribute points for the Marcus Trotter Award must be registered with Jersey NZ at the time the award placings are calculated.
- While Junior members may require some adult help when completing this application form, it is expected that the application will be completed in full by the Junior member entering.
- Points are awarded only when the entrant leads the animal into the judging ring.
- Completed booklets are to be returned to the Jersey NZ office by 30th April 2021
* Dry stock classes (this includes both female calves and bulls):
- 3 points for first, 2 for second, 1 for third.
- 2 points for Champion, 1 point for Reserve Champion
* Milk classes:
- 6 points for first; 4 for second; 2 for third.
- 2 for Champion; 1 for Reserve Champion
* There are no points awarded where the animal is included in a group of animals (for example 3 by one sire, a young stock group or pair of heifer calves).
For the 2017/2018 showing season:
- Gregory Capper-Conijn with 96 points
- Zoe Botha with 7 points
- Henry Scherer with 6.25 points
For the 2016/2017 showing season:
- Gregory Capper-Conijn with 28.5 points
- Zoe Botha with 12 points
For the 2014/2015 showing season:
- Hope Satherley with 126 points
- Joanna Fowlie with 78 points
- Gregory Capper-Conijn with 63.25 points
For the 2013/2014 showing season:
- Hope Satherley with 84 points
- Joanna Fowlie with 77 points