Jersey Future Team
A joint programme
Genetic gain is a fundamental driver for the success and sustainability of Jerseys in New Zealand.
Both Jersey NZ and LIC share significant values for our golden cow and together with this programme – Jersey Future, we will deliver unmatched success. This program is yours – every member of Jersey NZ will benefit from the outcomes and we are excited about the opportunity this scheme has to offer our breed. You, our members, already invest significantly in all drivers for genetic gain.
Breeders herds rank at the top of most performance and genetic measures. LIC realise the gain brought about by Jersey NZ member’s passion and investment and want to be part of it. Jersey NZ are delighted to be working alongside an organisation with the expertise and reputation of LIC.. The David and Goliath competition on the RAS list show Jerseys taking out more positions than any other breed, is testament to the breed and LIC’s significant investment within their Jersey programme.
Below is your 2023 Jersey Future Team
|AB CODE \ BIRTH ID||NAME||DAM NAME / SIRE NAME||BREEDER NAME|
|323200 \ MGXV-22-119||Williams Banff Substance||Glanton Desi Banff \ Williams Kaino Summer||Totara Dairy Ltd|
|323201 \ MGXV-22-105||Williams Brisbane Frenzy||Glanton Flynn Brisbane \ Williams Terrific Emma ET||Totara Dairy Ltd|
|323202 \ GHY-22-302||Maharee Bas Kaiden||Glanton SS Bastille S3J \ Okura Oti Kadence||Maharee Farms Ltd|
|323203 \ GHY-22-288||Maharee Laz Forrest||Glenui CM Lazaro \ Okura Desi Felise||Maharee Farms Ltd|
|323204 \ DTJJ-22-126||Glenui Magnify Starsky||Charltons Misty Magnify \ Glenui Bastille Shali ET||Goreland Partnership|
|323205 \ DQBT-22-144||Lynbrook TBM Trilogy P||Tironui GB Montage ET \ Lynbrook Direct Tric P||Lynbrook Farm Ltd|
|323206 \ DQBT-22-115||Lynbrook TN Te Anau||Tawa Grove MV Ngatoro \ Lynbrook GFD Trick ET||Lynbrook Farm Ltd|
|323207 \ BHDQ-22-57||Glanton CMM Burton||Charltons Misty Magnify \ Glanton Cobra Beatrix ET||Glanton Holdings Ltd|
|323208 \ RMMC-22-402||Crescent LRT Kassidy||Little River Trident S3J \ Crescent Bern Katie||Agrivest Ltd|
- Annually up to 8 bulls will enter the Jersey Future scheme
- Members are asked to nominate elite bull calves, born before 10th September, 2023
- JNZ will accept nominations and pass those nominations onto the Jersey Future selection panel. The selection panel consists of up to three JNZ members and up to two LIC representatives. JNZ and LIC have 50% voting rights
- LIC will provide BARs and 3GPs for consideration
- Nominations will be considered for Genomic testing fortnightly from 1st August to 10th September. LIC will genomically test up to 50 member nominated bulls annually.
- Some members will have elite females represented in LICs breeding scheme and the Jersey Journey project, we see opportunity to bring some of these genetics to the Jersey Future programme also.
- LIC field assists will contact you to sample bull calves.
- LIC will inspect Jersey Future selected bull calves and dams as part of their scheduled bull buying round commencing in November.
- Bulls will be selected by late November. Owners willing to sell a Jersey bull to LIC pursuant to clause 4.6 will be required to enter into a sale and purchase agreement with LIC in a form that is acceptable to LIC in all respects, for the sum of:
- $4,000 (plus GST) per Jersey bull; or
- $5,000 (plus GST) per Jersey bull where that Jersey bull has been created by embryo transfer; or
- $1,000 (plus GST) per Jersey bull plus $0.60 (plus GST if any) per straw of Qualifying Semen and $1.20 (plus GST if any) for sexed semen; or
- $2,000 (plus GST) per Jersey bull where that Jersey bull has been created by embryo transfer plus $0.60 (plus GST if any) per straw of Qualifying Semen and $1.20 (plus GST if any) for sexed semen, and
- where LIC has made payment to an Owner pursuant to 4.7(a) or 4.7(b) and where LIC (in its sole discretion) has accepted the Jersey bull under one of its Premier Sires® or Alpha® brands or the Jersey bull is accepted for the sale of semen outside of New Zealand, an additional payment of $10,000 (plus GST if any)
Helpful hints for bull selection
- We require bulls from strong maternal lines with a minimum three generations of outstanding cows
- Less than 3 generations of full J16 pedigree will only be accepted with exceptional circumstances
- Jersey Future provides opportunity to prove some elite diverse genetics – nominations of outcross bulls are encouraged and will be seriously considered for inclusion into the Jersey Future team.
We emphasise the opportunity for genetic outcross potential within this program
Once bulls are selected:
- JNZ will graze and manage the bulls until they reach graduation
- Up to 2000 straws will be collected by LIC
- LIC and JNZ will promote and market the team
- JNZ has the responsibility to ensure 70 herd tested daughters in 35 herds from each bull. Incentives will be offered to the owners of Jersey Future sired two year olds ensuring we meet our obligations
- LIC will market elite graduates in ALPHA nominated and PSS bull teams
- LIC will pay JNZ agreed Royalties which will cover JNZ costs and any surplus will be invested back into your organisation
In conclusion we encourage you to offer your very best genetics. Our success depends on you.
Please consider Jersey Future with your 2023 mating program.
The resulting offspring have the potential to contribute significantly to our breed.
JerseyNZ acknowledges all those members who have supplied bulls for the Jersey Future programme since its inception in 2017.
|Agrivest Ltd – M Townshend||322208||Crescent Vin Mistique|
|323208||Crescent LRT Kassidy-ET|
|Coombes Farm Ltd No 2||317056||Coombes Trig Journey ET|
|Devon Farm – P & J Bish||319061||Devon Quin Ontime-ET|
|Ebboni Trust – N Dyson||318065||Ebboni King Dempsey|
|Ede Investments Ltd – M & J Gibb||319066||Tironui GB Montage-ET|
|M & J Gibb and L & L Beehre||319065||Tironui Okura GB Kea-ET|
|Euan Reeve Ltd||321203||Norlands PKC Roxton ET|
|G & R Fleming||320202||Willand Junction Morale|
|Glanton Holdings Ltd – R & A Thwaites||321206||Glanton Punch Baxter ET|
|323207||Glanton CMM Burton|
|Goreland Partnership – T & L Landers||318063||Glenui Pepper Shaker|
|321200||Glenui Zambezi Linden ET|
|323204||Glenui Magnify Starsky|
|R & T Goudie||317060||Paspalum OI Limelight|
|GPS 2007 Ltd – G & C Wilson||319060||Wee Burn Desi Don|
|320203||Wee Burn Misty Donny|
|Huzzif Farms Ltd – B & M Huzziff||318064||Foxton Zaga Classified-ET|
|Just Jerseys Ltd – N & J Riddell||320200||Thornlea Misty Topshot ET|
|Kowhai Properties Ltd – L & L Beehre||322202||Okura Titus Kowhai|
|Little River Jerseys Ltd – M & A Brewster||317061||Little River Trident S3J|
|Lynbrook Farm Ltd – S & N Ireland||317055||Lynbrook Index Turbine ET|
|318062||Lynbrook Zaga Tasman|
|321202||Lynbrook Gold Duntroon ET|
|322200||Lynbrook Popeye Tailormade|
|322205||Lynbrook Trigg Bravado|
|323205||Lynbrook TBM Trilogy-P|
|323206||Lynbrook TN Te Anau|
|Maharee Farms Ltd – B & S White||323202||Maharee Bas Kaiden|
|323203||Maharee Laz Forrest|
|Megaw Family Trust – C & L Megaw||317054||Linan Speed Zane ET|
|R & J Monk||321204||Hawthorn Grove GH Oganeev|
|Muzzal Farms Ltd – M Green & S Upton||320206||Emerald Ricks Base|
|M C & C L Newsome Ltd||318067||Caratacus Zaga Django-ET|
|M A & L Pedley||319062||Kaimatarau Kingpin Port|
|320205||Kaimatarau LW Profit|
|PJ AG Ltd – P Brewster||318066||Little River OI Samurai|
|D & F Post||321205||Posterity Banff Desire|
|Riverina Jerseys Ltd – W & L Berry||317057||Riverina Hillbilly ET S3J|
|Roma Farm Ltd – B & M Morris||317059||Roma Terrific Prince|
|Thornwood Family Trust – S & M Good||322206||Thornwood Titus Vulcan|
|K A Tosland||319064||Kelland Triple Rockstar|
|321201||Kelland Con Ramsey|
|Totara Dairy Ltd – M Williams||322204||Williams Faithful Lemo-ET|
|323200||Williams Banff Sunstance|
|323201||Williams Brisbane Frenzy|
|Upland Park Jerseys Ltd – A & N Walford||320204||Upland Park Cem Bruce ET|
|G & C Vowles||322203||Two View Odin|