LIC SPS Clients Order Form
Are you a LIC SPS client looking for a great deal, a great way to diversify and add genetic gains to your herd?
At $3.00 +gst per straw there should be no hesitation!
Simply fill out your details in the fields below and you will hear from Melissa at Jersey NZ confirming your order.
Jersey Future – A new joint venture programme 2016
Genetic gain is a fundamental driver for the success and sustainability of Jerseys in New Zealand.
Both Jersey NZ and LIC share significant values for our golden cow and together with this joint venture – Jersey Future, we will deliver unmatched success. This program is yours – every member of Jersey NZ will benefit from the outcomes and we are excited about the opportunity this new scheme has to offer our breed. You, our members, already invest significantly in all drivers for genetic gain. We see this in the 95% of all Jersey bulls marketed in the 2015-16 year bred by Jersey NZ members’ herds.
Breeders herds rank at the top of most performance and genetic measures. LIC realise the gain brought about by Jersey NZ member’s passion and investment and want to be part of it. Jersey NZ are delighted to be working alongside an organisation with the expertise and reputation of LIC. The David and Goliath competition on the RAS list show Jerseys taking out more positions than any other breed, is testament to the breed and LIC’s significant investment within their Jersey programme.
- Annually 8 bulls will enter the Jersey Future scheme.
- Members are asked to nominate elite bull calves, born before 9th September 2016.
- 9th September final date of nomination.
- JNZ will accept nominations and pass those nominations onto the Jersey Future selection panel. The selection panel consists of up to three JNZ members and one LIC representative. JNZ and LIC have 50% voting rights.
- LIC will provide 3GPs for consideration.
- Nominations will be considered for Genomic testing fortnightly from 2 August to 9th September. LIC will genomically test up to 50 member nominated bulls annually.
- Some members will have bull calves represented in LIC’s breeding scheme. There is an opportunity to bring some of those genetics to Jersey Future where full ET siblings have been generated.
- AsureQuality will contact you to sample bull calves.
- LIC will inspect Jersey Future selected bull calves and dams as part of their scheduled bull buying round commencing in November.
- Bulls will be selected 20th November and LIC will pay the breeder $4000+GST for AI breed bulls and $5000+GST for ET generated bulls.
Helpful hints for bull selection
- We require bulls from strong maternal lines with a minimum three generations of outstanding cows.
- Less than 3 generations of full J16 pedigree will only be accepted with exceptional circumstances .
- Jersey Future provides opportunity to prove some elite diverse genetics – nominations of outcross bulls are encouraged and will be seriously considered for inclusion into the Jersey Future team.
Once bulls are selected:
- Breeders are required to rear and graze the bull calves through to when they enter collection centre.
- Jersey NZ will graze and manage the bulls until they reach graduation.
- 2000 straws will be collected by LIC.
- LIC and Jersey NZ will promote and market the team.
Jersey NZ’s responsibility:
- Jersey NZ has the responsibility to ensure 70 herd tested daughters in 35 herds from each bull. Incentives will be offered to the owners of Jersey Future sired two year olds ensuring we meet our obligations.
- LIC will market elite graduates in ALPHA nominated and PSS bull teams.
- LIC will pay Jersey NZ agreed Royalties which will cover JNZ costs and any surplus will be invested back into your organisation.
In conclusion we encourage you to offer your very best genetics. Our success depends on you.
Please consider Jersey Future with your mating program. The resulting offspring have the potential to contribute significantly to our breed.
Below is your 2018 Jersey Future Team
|BULL CODE||NAME||SIRE NAME\ DAM NAME||BREEDER NAME|
|318065||Ebboni King Dempsey||Roma Murmur Kingpin S3J \ Ebboni LT Demelza||Ebboni Trust - N Gibb|
|318067||Caratacus Zaga Django-ET||DJ Zaga \ Caratacus Ascent Disco ET||MC & CL Newson Limited|
|318064||Foxton Zaga Classified-ET||DJ Zaga \ Foxton Clare S3J||Huzziff Farms Ltd - B & M Huzziff|
|318063||Glenui Pepper Shaker||Roma Degree Pepper\ Glenui Integrity Shanty||Goreland Partnership - T & L Landers|
|318066||Little River OI Samurai||Okura LT Integrity \ Little River Geni Shilo||P J AG Ltd - P & J Brewster|
|318062||Lynbrook Zaga Tasman||DJ Zaga \ Lynbrook Deg Trick ET||Lynbrook Farms – S & N Ireland|