Jersey Future Team
A joint venture programme 2019
Genetic gain is a fundamental driver for the success and sustainability of Jerseys in New Zealand.
Both Jersey NZ and LIC share significant values for our golden cow and together with this joint venture – Jersey Future, we will deliver unmatched success. This program is yours – every member of Jersey NZ will benefit from the outcomes and we are excited about the opportunity this new scheme has to offer our breed. You, our members, already invest significantly in all drivers for genetic gain. We see this in the 95% of all Jersey bulls marketed in the 2015-16 year bred by Jersey NZ members’ herds.
Breeders herds rank at the top of most performance and genetic measures. LIC realise the gain brought about by Jersey NZ member’s passion and investment and want to be part of it. Jersey NZ are delighted to be working alongside an organisation with the expertise and reputation of LIC. The David and Goliath competition on the RAS list show Jerseys taking out more positions than any other breed, is testament to the breed and LIC’s significant investment within their Jersey programme.
Download the Catalogue and Order Form below:Jersey Future Catalogue 2019 WEB
Jersey Future Order Form 2019
- Annually up to 8 bulls will enter the Jersey Future scheme
- Members are asked to nominate elite bull calves, born before 13th September, 2019
- 13th September final date of nomination
- JNZ will accept nominations and pass those nominations onto the Jersey Future selection panel. The selection panel consists of up to three JNZ members and up to two LIC representatives. JNZ and LIC have 50% voting rights
- LIC will provide BARs and 3GPs for consideration
- Nominations will be considered for Genomic testing fortnightly from 1st August to 13th September. LIC will genomically test up to 50 member nominated bulls annually.
- Some members will have elite females represented in LICs breeding scheme and the Jersey Journey project, we see opportunity to bring some of these genetics to the Jersey Future programme also.
- LIC field assists will contact you to sample bull calves.
- LIC will inspect Jersey Future selected bull calves and dams as part of their scheduled bull buying round commencing in November.
- Bulls will be selected by late November and LIC will pay the breeder $4000+GST for AI breed bulls and $5000+GST for ET generated.
Helpful hints for bull selection
- We require bulls from strong maternal lines with a minimum three generations of outstanding cows
- Less than 3 generations of full J16 pedigree will only be accepted with exceptional circumstances
- Jersey Future provides opportunity to prove some elite diverse genetics – nominations of outcross bulls are encouraged and will be seriously considered for inclusion into the Jersey Future team.
We emphasise the opportunity for genetic outcross potential within this program
Once bulls are selected:
- JNZ will graze and manage the bulls until they reach graduation
- Up to 2000 straws will be collected by LIC
- LIC and JNZ will promote and market the team
Jersey NZ’s responsibility:
- JNZ has the responsibility to ensure 70 herd tested daughters in 35 herds from each bull. Incentives will be offered to the owners of Jersey Future sired two year olds ensuring we meet our obligations
- LIC will market elite graduates in ALPHA nominated and PSS bull teams
- LIC will pay JNZ agreed Royalties which will cover JNZ costs and any surplus will be invested back into your organisation
In conclusion we encourage you to offer your very best genetics. Our success depends on you.
Please consider Jersey Future with your 2019 mating program.
The resulting offspring have the potential to contribute significantly to our breed.
Below is your 2019 Jersey Future Team
|BULL CODE||NAME||SIRE NAME\ DAM NAME||BREEDER NAME|
|319064||Kelland Triple Rockstar||Braedene Pas Triplestar \ Kelland Pioneer Riana||K A Tosland|
|319062||Kaimatarau Kingpin Port||Roma Murmur Kingpin S3J \ Kaimatarau Aim Pinot||Pedley Family|
|319065||Tironui Okura GB Kea-Et||Glanton SS Baltic ET S3J \ Okura NN Karen ET||M & J Gibb and L & L Beehre|
|319066||Tironui GB Montage-Et||Glanton SS Bastille S3J \ Tironui Integ Meg||M & J Gibb|
|319060||Wee Burn Desi Don||Arrieta Terrific Desi ET \ Wee Burn Kpin Dee S3J||G P S 2007 Limited|
|319061||Devon Quin Ontime-Et||VJ Krogaard Rodme Quintana \ Devon Strider Oaty S3J||Devon Farms|