Holley Geck Memorial Junior Showing Trophy
<holley-geck-memorial-junior-showing-trophy-entry-formThis Junior Showing Trophy competition is open for Jersey New Zealand Junior members who show their animals at calf club days (school and/or A&P Shows). Jersey New Zealand would like to thank the Geck Family for allowing us to dedicate this trophy in Holley’s memory.
Conditions of Entry
- The animal entered is to be a heifer calf. Only one animal may be entered per junior member.
- Clipping is not permitted.
- Entrants must enter the competition by 1 October each year. On receiving the entry, Jersey NZ will send a booklet to be filled in at each event attended. The booklet must be
filled in by the entrant, and verified by a steward, show secretary or judge present at the show.
- Classes at the following events are eligible for the calculation of points:
• School calf club shows
• All calf club classes at A & P shows
• Any open, novice and junior classes at A & P Shows
• Jersey Club shows and Jersey Club field days
• Recognised events such as NZ Dairy Event and Jersey Classic
- The animal must be registered with Jersey NZ at the time the award placings are calculated.
- It is understood that younger junior members may require help when completing the booklet but it is expected the Junior members will complete the application form and booklet by themselves where able.
- Applicants for the Holley Geck Memorial Junior Showing Trophy are not eligible to enter, or be considered, for the Marcus Trotter Award (i.e. you must make the choice of which competition to enter).
- Completed booklets are to be returned to the Jersey NZ office by 30th April 2018
* Dry stock classes (this includes female calves but does not include bulls):
- 3 points for first, 2 for second, 1 for third.
- 2 points for Champion, 1 point for Reserve Champion
* Milk classes:
- 6 points for first; 4 for second; 2 for third.
- 2 points for Champion; 1 point for Reserve Champion
- There are no points awarded where the animal is included in a group of animals (for example 3 by one sire, a young stock group or pair of heifer calves).
For the 2017/2018 showing season:
- Molly Fletcher with 208 points
- Gabrielle Scherer with 132 points
- Ella Pirie with 28 points
For the 2016/2017 showing season:
- Molly Fletcher with 234 points
- Gabrielle Scherer with 112 points
- Isabelle Radford with 61points
For the 2015/2016 showing season:
- Zoe Botha with 217 points
- Ella Pirie with 46 points
For the 2014/2015 showing season:
- Zoe Botha with 144points
- Kimberley Simmons with 49 points
- = Monique Radford and Ella Pirie with 29 points
For the 2013/2014 showing season:
- Gregory Capper with 91.25 points
- Ella Pirie with 47 points
- Zach Bradford with 28.75 points