TOP & Classification Online Application
- All two year old heifers by breed, by sire, whether pedigree or grade, must be put up for classification.
- Inspections must be carried out in suitable yards for drafting and be on concrete
- The member or one staff member must be present during the inspections to assist with drafting etc.
Cancellation of Classification
Once all tours for the classification season have been finalised, members will be advised of their allocated date and time in writing. Cancellations received by the office between 3-7 working days before the inspector is due at the farm will incur a cancellation fee of $115.00 incl GST. Cancellations received by the office between 0-2 working days before the inspector is due at the farm will incur a cancellation fee of $172.50 incl GST. Cancellations 0-2 working days includes any inspection where the cancellation has not been notified, the inspector arrives on farm at the prescribed time but the inspection does not proceed, or commences more than 30 minutes after the prescribed time. Where a herd cancelled by a member is inspected at a later date outside the scheduled tour, the price will be cost recovery plus 20% if the standard pricing does not reach that threshold..
Variation between numbers
Members who offer for inspection 20% more or less than the number of animals nominated on the application form or via standing order will be charged a penalty fee of $115.00 incl GST.
Farmer Sheets will automatically be sent for all two year olds. If you wish to have Farmer Traits entered for your older animals download a blank Farmer Sheet from our website.
Member Herd Scheduling
Member herd may be scheduled for inspection between 6am-5pm Monday – Friday. We may ask that you accept inspection times outside of this, but will contact you if necessary.
The Tour option uses touring inspectors and commences October in Waikato/Northland (North Island) and October/November (South Island). These inspections are usually completed by the end of November in any given year. An itinerary is arranged annually for inspectors to visit different localities that will, as far as practicable, meet the wishes of the applicant. This option will be entered automatically if you have not ticked one of either service options.
This inspection service option is being offered in Northland, Waikato and Bay of Plenty for 2021 inspections (excludes Taranaki, Manawatu, Wairarapa and the South Island). This option is available so members can plan an inspection to work in better with the needs of their farm operation where needed. Please note the following conditions for this option:
- One local classifier will inspect your cattle (this inspector will be TOP certified and a Jersey NZ classifier)
- Your preferred month for the inspection will be noted and passed to the local classifier assigned to carry out the work. The inspector will confirm with the member a mutual date and time to carry out the inspection, there is no guarantee that an inspection will be available for any specific date or time, so flexibility is required.
- Personalised inspections will not be carried out at the same tme as the tour is going through the region. If you want a personalised inspection when a tour is going through your region, the inspection will be carried out by the tour classifiers.
Health & Safety
Jersey NZ will confirm the date and times of your inspection. Please ensure that any health & safety policy requirements for your farm are provided to Jersey NZ at least one week prior to the scheduled inspection.
All members are asked to make hot water and scrubbing brushes available to inspectors to prevent cross- contamination between farms